There’s nothing better than running and having fun with your friends around a soccer ball. However, investing in the best soccer ball is often overlooked. Remember, with a high-quality soccer ball, your soccer experience will be much better. That’s why Scott Fujita wrote this article to introduce you to the top soccer balls 2021 as well as a soccer ball buying guide. Read on to see what we have for you!
Top 10 Best Soccer Ball on the market
1. Wilson Traditional Soccer Ball
Wilson The traditional soccer ball is the same as the traditional name. It comes in two traditional black and white colors. This ball has been actually bought by a lot of people and has good reviews. Since the price is reasonable for a high quality product. Not as good as the official NCAA Wilson ball but definitely a quality product in the price range.
- Continuing the legacy of traditional black and white sports.
- Widely available in three different sizes.
- Synthetic leather material.
- Very light weight.
- Excellent air and shape retention.
- Affordable price.
- Can show some signs of wearing off after a long time of use.
Traditional Wilson football stands out as the official ball of the NCAA Athletic Championships. The soccer ball represents the traditional look of football as it was in the early days of its formation. Traditional black and white are still pursued by Wilson in Wilson Traditional Football.
By replacing leather with synthetic leather, Wilson took a visionary approach in his soccer ball. The ball will not only be useful to current players, but it will also be used by people of the next generation.
Besides, the ball is capable enough to meet the expectations of the next generation of football players. The ball is made durable to withstand tough situations. The bladder is butyl rubber.
A sturdy bladder ensures the long life of the soccer ball. The ball is equipped with a traditional control panel as well as has graphics with silver accents. At 9.6 ounces, the Wilson Traditional Soccer Ball is easy to handle.
The traditional Wilson soccer ball has been widely accepted as one of the best soccer balls. Already affiliated with a famous association, Wilson Traditional Football has marked its presence in the hearts of football lovers.
View More: Best youth soccer shin guards
2. Adidas MLS Club Soccer Ball
The MLS football series is the standard to replicate for a footballer who is hungry for a taste of professional adventure. These soccer balls feature an updated console design – new from the Adidas line and a variety of sizes designed for players of all ages.
- Easy to see in motion.
- Always stay in good shape.
- Long-lasting performance.
- A little smaller than normal size.
It’s machine-stitched – like most high-performance balls on the market today, and made from 100% polyester (polyurethane), artificial synthetic leather makes it extremely durable and sturdy. So here it is a long term investment. It also has a TPU outer shell that’s built to resist tearing, damage, and abrasion.
The ball of the Adidas MLS soccer ball is also built to provide the same great experience as it is made of butyl, a material that is accepted worldwide as one of the best materials for making balls.
Besides, Butyl rubber is highly responsive and maintains a nice shape for the ball. Because butyl is essential for air retention, shape, and comfort during flight. This makes it less likely to deflate. It comes in standard sizes 3,4 and 5 although it can be a bit smaller than normal soccer balls in these sizes.
The Adidas MLS Club Ball is a soccer ball that, while not up to the right standard, offers the experience needed for an aspiring player looking to take his kick to the next level. It is inspired by the MLS aesthetic of country, community, and club – the three pillars of MLS.
3. Adidas Starlancer V Club Soccer Ball
Paint the football field with the Adidas Starlancer Club Ball. Featuring stroke-style graphics, it’s machine-stitched for rugged durability. The butyl bladder means you’ll spend less time inflating and more time hitting the ball around the park.
- Good price.
- Suitable for both artificial and natural.
- TPU material enhances the quality of the ball.
- Available in different sizes, suitable for all ages.
- There is a great color combination and design.
- There is a problem with air retention.
Again, this best soccer ball is machine stitched making it durable with a butyl bladder that makes it long lasting and sturdy and has good air retention that won’t cause deflation. As a result, all the dimensions seem to be in order as well as the outer material reaching a quasi-official certification quality.
Furthermore, Adidas has equipped the Starlancer with a special TPU outer shell. This allows the match soccer ball to mimic the quality of the game without paying a premium for that quality.
You won’t want to use this match soccer ball on rough ground, any natural or man-made soccer field will work with this ball so players can develop their skills. That’s a great deal for a premium near ball!
If you need the best training soccer ball, this sewing machine will be very helpful. High quality match balls are very durable. It has a gentle touch and a good feel. You can play with this ball. Because, you can control the ball faster and simply pass happily and also shoot it.
4. Nike 2020-21 Premier League Strike Ball
The Nike Flight was designed specifically for the 2020-21 Premier League season and heralded as a revolution in ball aerodynamics. Thanks to Nike’s new Aerosculpt technology, the soccer ball is more stable, with molded grooves that interrupt airflow through it and reduce drag.
- Great value.
- Alternative color options.
- The case is machine-stitched for added durability.
- Rubber bladder helps maintain shape and air pressure.
- 12-cell design for realistic and accurate ball flight.
- Affordable price.
- Not quite as high-tech as chunk.
Like its predecessor, the Nike Merlin, the Flight features four panels that merge to create a big sweet spot and incorporate the company’s All Conditions Control technology, making it easy to stick to your spelling. whatever the weather.
In February 2021, Nike released a new version of the ball with the graphics of the final stages of the season and Premier League trophy.
Designed for long-term durability, the Premier League Strike Soccer Ball incorporates molded grooves and a rubber pad to help keep the ball stable during flight.
Nike AerowSculpt technology uses molded grooves to help keep the ball stable in the air. The case is machine-stitched for added durability. Rubber bladder helps maintain shape and air pressure. 12-cell design for realistic and accurate ball flight.
5. SELECT Royale V20 Soccer Ball
The Select Future Light DB V20 soccer ball comes with a number of improvements that have made it a very desirable choice for all age groups. And as the name suggests, it is a lightweight shade with many advantages that you are sure to love.
- TPU material.
- Synthetic rubber.
- 32 sheets.
- Machine-stitched double topology.
- Heat Activated Glue.
- Premium match balls.
- There may be a bad smell.
- Expensive soccer balls.
It’s made from a neoprene ball that delivers high air retention and more stable shots and controlled bounce. Using a lighter ball like this one has several benefits.
First, it makes kicking, heading, or gripping the ball much more comfortable because you are protected from impact. Moreover, it reduces fatigue significantly, and you can make long, diagonal passes to your teammates.
Meanwhile, it comes with dual topology consisting of 32 panels. To ensure less water absorption and more durability, the panels are machine-stitched and sealed with heat-activated glue.
Moving on, thanks to the SR-bladder, you get more trapped air for a better flight trajectory. Likewise, the case is made from TPU material, which is soft and matched with a neoprene ball to provide a consistent bounce.
Buyers of all ages – from kids to adults – can enjoy playing with it. If you are an avid player, then you will enjoy your practice sessions with it.
6. Adidas MLS Official Match Ball
Make every pass count. Maximize every attack with this soccer ball. A seamless build translates into precision and MLS official match ball graphics showing your support for North America’s elite league.
- Soft feeling.
- Keep the air high.
- Unique design.
- Only available in size 5.
The 2019 MLS ball is white with a blank design on the main plates of the ball. The top of the Adidas Nativo 2019 ball features the Adidas logo, the words ‘Official Nativo Questra Match Ball’ as well as the MLS logo with the caption of MLS commissioner Don Garber.
The Adidas Nativo Questra ball uses the same logo as the 1994 World Cup ball. Technically the 2019 MLS ball is the same as the 2018 World Cup ball.
The outer shell of this exercise ball is composed of Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU). This is a feature that ensures the durability of the ball. The outer layer of the Adidas MLS Official Match best soccer ball features a nylon-wrapped body that makes the ball water resistant. These delays wear out and damage the ball over time and interfere with its operation.
Adidas is one of the most famous brands when it comes to sports equipment. Their quality standards and attention to detail result in unmatched products that guarantee high performance. The top model MLS official match ball is specially made for training, practice and entertainment purposes.
7. Wilson NCAA Copia Soccer Ball
With a special foam-lined synthetic leather upper and carcass winder, the Wilson NCAA Copia II Replica is built to last, retain its shape, and have a soft feel. Inside, it comes with a performance butyl bladder that gives it its well-proportioned shape, stable resilience and excellent air holding capacity.
- Has a great design with a professional look.
- Doesn’t deflate easily with a high-performance butyl bladder.
- It has a soft feel and is good for toddlers to kick safely.
- Build to last.
- Affordable price.
- Colors may be inconsistent and brighter than expected.
The ball comes in three different colors, but they do more than make the ball look good. The three-stripes design along with the three color axes help you choose the shade better, even in different surroundings.
Therefore, you can monitor it from a distance and get into a better position. Meanwhile, thanks to the ball’s 20-cell design, you can experience better hitting areas for optimal performance.
Furthermore, these sheets have EVA foam incorporated into them to generate more power when hitting or directional. Plus, the ball comes with a TPU case that improves durability and feels great.
So even if you are part of a long football game, the ball is designed to withstand rough games. Plus, the ball ensures that you get full value for your shots if you’re looking to improve your technique.
Wilson NCAA Copia Soccer Ball has a very attractive design that children will be amazed by. It’s made with a synthetic leather and carcass coils, which help keep its shape and durability in multiple games. With its durability and great design, it’s perfect for when your toddler moves on to something a little bigger!
8. American Challenge Brasilia Soccer Ball
While these best soccer balls look a bit cheesy in the graphics department and some say they are made for beach soccer, they are, in fact, durable soccer balls meant for the field.
- Vibrant and different colors.
- Ideal for children.
- Can keep air for 2 to 4 weeks.
- Easy controls.
- Suitable for all surfaces (firm ground, street, lawn).
- Not calibrated for professional expectations.
The American Challenge Brasilia soccer ball is machine-stitched to near perfection. It’s surprising because of their affordability and the fact that they come in all sizes, from 1 to 5.
There are five color variations, including yellow, which is great for nighttime use. There is also a red variant that will serve you best in winter. Red has long been used on snow-covered football fields.
The outer shell is a bit soft but still not soft enough to practice penalty kicks without wearing. That is the main reason why these balls are only part of a beach soccer ball but are not used for that activity.
You can expect two to four weeks of gas and shape retention. That’s great for this price range, especially considering that those estimates are made assuming significant playtime.
This ball is a great case to use in freestyle and street play even if it cannot be used for other official matches, making it a safe choice for beginners. to hone your skills before progressing to the next level of soccer proficiency. For the features mentioned above, this ball is on our shortlist of the best soccer balls.
9. NIGHTMATCH Light Up LED Soccer Ball
This glowing best soccer ball can be used for so many events and is something the whole family can enjoy! The official size of these night balls is a size 5 soccer ball. Two LED lights are used to light these glow balls. The match balls will continue to glow until you finish playing. LED lights are battery operated.
NIGHTMATCH Light Up LED Soccer Ball – Official Size 5 – Extra Pump and Batteries – Perfect Glow in The Dark Soccer Ball with Spare Batteries – Waterproof LED Glow Ball with Two Bright LEDs (Red)
as of August 30, 2021 1:15 pm
- Two LED lights inside make it glow brightly.
- It turns on on bounce and turns off automatically if left untouched for 30 seconds.
- It is stable, durable, and water resistant.
- You get a few really useful accessories.
- There are two sizes.
- This ball is more like a rubber soccer ball than a soccer ball, so it’s not good for serious practice.
It is stable, durable, and water resistant. Therefore, you can really rely on it, no doubt. However, the material, texture, and feel of this ball are not the same as an actual soccer ball. It’s more like a rubber ball than a soccer ball.
It’s not a big deal unless you really want to practice in the dark. I would say, if the goal is just a fun ball to play in the evening, like you want the kids to have fun in the dark, then this is your ball. For serious practice, this is not the best option.
I love the accessories here, like the Ball Pump, spare batteries, battery replacement tool, and printed manuals for help. The pump is awesome; you can even fart using it, which is great.
The glow in this dark soccer ball has a great quality and will last for a long time. The coolest thing about these glow balls is that they have smart LED lights. This soccer ball can keep the fun going all night long and is a great addition to your sports equipment!
10. SELECT Numero 10 Match Turf Soccer Ball
Pick Numero 10 as one of our readers’ favorites. That should come as no surprise given that it has been approved by FIFA and a great ball. A match soccer ball used frequently in high school games, does a very good job of keeping the material. Its quality is in good condition.
- Different colors are available.
- Approved by FIFA.
- Premium match balls.
- Wingless rubber balls are available for return.
- Includes butyl bladders to keep air tight and maintain shape.
- Not for poorly maintained fields.
- Expensive soccer balls.
The Select match soccer ball is one of the premium balls in the soccer field, the Select Number 10 game soccer ball, reasonably designed. This is what makes it so exciting not only in terms of functionality but also value and money. Choose Numero 10 which is completely hand-stitched.
It means it will be more durable and will be able to keep its rounded shape. It features a textured outer shell that not only improves your ball control, but also enhances resistance. This makes it 2021 soccer balls for both practice and playing on hard surfaces like grass during your much-needed practice.
The selected match balls are simply credited with adopting modern technology in their design. The cover of the Select Numero 10 indoor soccer ball is made of rubber. This means air escapes and it has a premium feel. The other good thing is that there are several colors available.
With a nice cover (and several different colors available), it has a rubber bladder that can make it leak more air than other balls, that’s true, but it also feels premium that every player will enjoy – I’m perfectly fine with that, if you ask me! Sure it can be a bit pricey, but you will also pay a fair price for its quality.
How to find the best soccer ball 2021 in the market
Buying tips to choose the quality ball
1. Consider the materials
The best soccer ball is composed of two parts: the shell and the bladder. The shell is what covers the outside of the ball and its plates, while the bladder is the compartment inside the ball to trap air. Each can be made of a number of different materials.
Panels are the octagonal quilts seen on the outside of the soccer ball. The official FIFA approved ball contains 32 plates, but other variations include 26 and 18 plates.
- PVC (poly vinyl carbonate): PVC ball is a lower-priced, more affordable shade, but very durable. But as the saying goes, “you get what you pay for.” They tend to be harder and often begin to crack after continued use. This can cause injury or scratches if you are not careful. Have you ever tried the top of a PVC ball?
- PU (polyurethane): PU ball is a ball in the middle of the road. They are generally better quality and softer than PVC balls, but not as good as synthetic leather balls.
- Synthetic Leather: Synthetic leather is of the highest quality, usually the most expensive, and is even used for professional games. But they are not recommended for hard surfaces like streets or driveways. Hard court surfaces will scratch and tear the ball.
- The 4th version can be a combination of 3 types: Ball uses a combination of 3 shells, can also be high quality balls and is sometimes used for higher level competitions.
- Latex bladders: They offer more control and are softer, but in return they are more porous, so they also don’t hold air.
- Butyl bladders: They hold air better than latex, but on the other hand they are stiffer.
Bladder is the compartment inside the best soccer balls to trap air. They are constructed of latex or butyl. The Rubber bladder is softer and offers more control. Butyl blown powder holds air better than rubber powder, but they are stiffer.
2. Choose the suitable soccer balls size
You may have noticed that soccer balls come in different sizes and there is a good reason for it. Depending on the age of the player, there are 5 different sizes and the ideal choice. This is also set by the federation, so you should check with the coach before buying.
- Size 1: Players refer to this size ball as a skill ball or mini ball and measure 18-20 inches in circumference. People use this size for fun as well as to improve footwork.
- Size 2: This is an ideal size for kids under 4 years old for games as well as ball control drills.
- Size 3: Despite their small size, these are official soccer balls for children’s matches under the age of 8. It measures 23-24 inches in circumference, and weighs 11 to 12 ounces. And it is also known as a baby ball.
- Size 4: Players use a size 4 soccer ball for official games for children between the ages of 8-12. It is also known as the youth ball. These balls measure 25-26 inches in circumference and weigh 12-13 ounces.
- Size 5: This is an adult soccer ball that measures 27-28 inches in circumference, weighs 14-15 ounces, and is ideal for starting players ages 13 and up. This ball is the largest official ball.
Consider the type of soccer ball when buying
3. Your intended use will affect types of soccer balls
While most adult soccer leagues use the official 32 box size 5 ball, there are other types of soccer balls that you may come across in your buying journey.
- Turf soccer balls are made to resist more wear and tear from artificial pitches which tend to have rougher playing surfaces.
- The indoor soccer balls are typically size 5, but are built to have less bounce to accommodate the harder surfaces and grass that cover the playing field and the walls of the indoor soccer field.
- The beach soccer balls are size 5, but are lighter than an official turf soccer ball and are generally softer for more comfort on bare feet. They are often brightly colored for easy visibility on sandy beach terrain and are often built to resist water in case they get kicked into the sea.
- Futsal soccer balls are a size 4 but usually weigh the same as a size 5 ball. They are usually made with less bounce because the game is played on hard indoor surfaces and sometimes have felt covers to help stabilize the ball on slippery playing floors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tips to choose and maintain the perfect soccer ball
1. What are the tips when choosing top soccer balls 2021?
- Check the balls: Sometimes, giving the ball a few dribbles and shots will help you determine if it’s the best option for you. If the ball is for a child, when they kick it around and see how they relate to it. If the ball is too heavy or too large, the child will struggle with it, which is a sign that you should keep looking.
- Panels counting: Did you know that the number of cells on a ball affects its performance? Most people don’t. Fewer plates mean more speed while more plates mean easier ball control.
- Check its weight: Some soccer balls are hard and unnecessarily heavy. In this case, it is best to choose the type that is less likely to cause injury to the players when kicked, headbutted, or caught. Avoid unusually softer balls as they are more likely to bounce more than necessary and miss the target.
2. How can I clean my best soccer balls after using them?
After use, you should wipe the mud, grass, and other stains on the ball. Do this with a wet cloth. Never use detergents and other stain removers as they will damage the outer shell of the ball. If the mud is sticky, wait for it to dry and then scrape it off with a soft bristle brush.
Hopefully, through this article by ScottFujita, you can choose the best soccer balls 2021 that best suit your needs. Don’t forget to read our other articles for quality reviews as well as useful buying tips!