Indian Milk Cake as name suggested is the sweet made of milk , its very popular sweet in India. Its not cake made of flour or required any baking , its sweet made of milk and sweet. On festival season everyone enjoy lots of sweets in every part of India. Milk cake is known for it crumbled texture full of richness. On Diwali (Indian festival of lights ) everyone forgets about diet as these sweets are full of calories but everyone wants to enjoy it by sharing it with everyone.
Everyone knows how things are changing in this COVID pandemic , Its always advisable to stay safe and sanitize but Festival without sweets are incomplete. So, I am sharing some easy sweet recipes that can be made at home easily, with same taste available in market.
Kalakand is also known as milk cake because it is made of milk as main ingredient. Milk cake is very easy to make with Minimum ingredients always available in kitchen. Let’s start with ingredients and method to make milk cake at home.
- Full Fat Milk 1 liter
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- lemon juice 1 tsp
- Ghee 1 tsp
- Boil Milk in a pan and reduce to 1/3 of its portion on medium flame while keep stirring.
- When milk got thick , reduce to 1/3 part add lemon juice and continuous stir it so it will get little curdle.
- Keep stirring continuously on low medium flame so all water gets evaporated.
- Add sugar and mix well . Keep stirring till all the mixture come together.
- Add Ghee to it and mix well. Switch off the flame and spread evenly on flat tin, lined with aluminum foil.
- Cover it with aluminum foil for 24 hour for perfect milk cake. covering with aluminum foil will keep the heat inside and let it settle down and properly. (minimum 10 hours is required to rest milk cake, more time to rest will give milk cake to come out perfect )
- After 24 hour cut the pieces in desired share and serve.
Enjoy and share with friends and family.