dry fruit barfi recipe | dry fruit burfi recipe | sugar free dry fruit barfi with detailed photo and video recipe. simple and easy indian fudge or indian mithai recipe made with dry fruits. this recipe does not have any extra added sugar and the sweetness is from dates. it is an ideal sweet recipe for any occasions or celebrations and can be shared with family and friends.
dry fruit barfi recipe | dry fruit burfi recipe | sugar free dry fruit barfi with step by step photo and video recipe. indian sweets recipes are popular and made on several indian festival and celebrations. but most of them are made with huge amounts of sugar or jaggery, and hence may raise eyebrows for diet watchers. dry fruit barfi recipe is the perfect answer for those which does not have any extra sugar added and thus making a healthy sweet.
this recipe is very much inspired by my previous dry fruit ladoo recipe and the only difference between these 2 is the shape and the addition of more dry fruits to this dry fruit barfi recipe. barfi recipe is very common in my house and i often make it with various ingredients. but dry fruit burfi recipe is very common and i make it often so that i can share it with my friends and family. moreover, my husband like this recipe and he takes it as energy bar especially after his work out or after office hours. because of the combination of dry fruits, it gives you required energy and protein to satisfy your hunger. having said that, i use this barfi as milkshake solids and i blend it with chilled milk for a refreshing drink.
furthermore some easy and important tips and suggestion for a perfect and flavoured dry fruit barfi recipe. firstly, the recipe can be extended or experimented with choice of dry fruits and nuts. you can extend this recipe by adding fig, apricot, pumpkin seeds and even watermelon seeds. secondly, i have not added any extra sugar as the dates and raisins have sufficient amount of sweetness for this barfi, but you can add extra sugar or even jaggery to make it more sweet to match your taste preference. lastly, the recipe can be stored easily for a month in an airtight container for a longer shelf life.
finally i request you to visit my other indian sweet recipes collection with this post of dry fruit barfi recipe. it includes recipes like, dry fruit ladoo, dates ladoo, pista badam barfi, kaju barfi, kaju pista roll, rava barfi, mysore pak, badam barfi and rava ladoo recipe. in addition do visit my other related recipes collection like,
- dessert recipes collection
- eggless cakes recipes collection
- beverages recipes collection
dry fruit barfi video recipe:
recipe card for dry fruit burfi recipe:
dry fruit barfi recipe | dry fruit burfi recipe | sugar free dry fruit barfi
- 1 cup dates / khajoor (pitted)
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds / khus khus
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds / til
- ¼ cup dry coconut / kopra (grated)
- ¼ cup cashew / kaju (chopped)
- ¼ cup almonds / badam (chopped)
- ¼ cup pistachios (chopped)
- ¼ cup walnuts / akhrot (chopped)
- 2 tbsp raisins / kishmish
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
firstly, heat 1 tbsp ghee and roast 1 tbsp poppy seeds and 1 tbsp sesame seeds.
roast until the seeds turn golden brown.
now roast ¼ cup dry coconut until they change its colour slightly.
further add ¼ cup cashew, ¼ cup almonds, ¼ cup pistachios, ¼ cup walnuts and 2 tbsp raisins.
roast on low flame for 5 minutes, or until the nuts turn crunchy and golden brown.
now add crushed dates, ¼ tsp cardamom powder and mix well.
continue to fry on medium flame smashing dates with a spatula.
turn off the flame and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
now start rolling to form a log.
now cut into thick slices once set completely
finally, enjoy dry fruit burfi for a month when stored in airtight container.
how to make dry fruit barfi with step by step photo:
- firstly, in a blender take 1 cup dates. make sure to remove all the seeds before blending.
- blend to a coarse paste without adding any water. keep aside.
- now in a large kadai heat 1 tbsp ghee and roast 1 tbsp poppy seeds and 1 tbsp sesame seeds.
- roast until the seeds turn golden brown.
- now roast ¼ cup dry coconut until they change its colour slightly.
- further add ¼ cup cashew, ¼ cup almonds, ¼ cup pistachios, ¼ cup walnuts and 2 tbsp raisins.
- roast on low flame for 5 minutes, or until the nuts turn crunchy and golden brown.
- now add crushed dates, ¼ tsp cardamom powder and mix well.
- continue to fry on medium flame smashing dates with a spatula. this helps dates to separate out and mix uniformly with other dry fruits.
- turn off the flame and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- now start rolling to form a log. make sure to grease your hands with ghee to avoid sticking to hands. you can alternatively prepare ladoo.
- now sprinkle half tsp sesame seeds and continue to roll to coat uniformly.
- wrap in aluminium foil or cling wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
- after 30 minutes, the burfi will be set completely.
- now cut into thick slices.
- finally, enjoy dry fruit burfi for a month when stored in airtight container.
- firstly, add dry fruits of your choice, and adjust proportion accordingly.
- also, roast dry fruits on low flame for more crunchy bites.
- additionally, increase the proportion of dates if you like it sweeter.
- also, do not powder the dry fruits as you won’t enjoy the crunchy bites.
- finally, dry fruit burfi recipe can be rolled in desiccated coconut as well.