Dubai is the commercial and cultural epicenter of the United Arab Emirates. A plethora of leading businesses from around the globe operate in the city. The rise in popularity of e commerce has prompted the government to introduce Dubai Commercity. It is a one of a kind business ecosystem dedicated to e commerce in UAE. So, without further ado, let’s read what the hype is all about.
The Middle East E Commerce Market At A Glance
Even before the onset of Coronavirus, the e commerce market of Middle East was on an upward trajectory. Smartphones and other compact gadgets simplify buying to consumers, especially millennials, who prefer purchasing online.
Here are some key stats demonstrating the popularity of e commerce: –
- The Middle East is expected to contribute $26 billion to the e commerce market –with the UAE contributing $4.6 billion alone.
- GCC is the only region in the world where smartphone usage among millenials has reached almost 100%.
- UAE tops the list in terms of mobile penetration in the world with 83%. Saudi Arabia is a close second at 68%.
- GCC users are also quite active on social media. More than 75% of the population is active on social media daily.
Key Takeaways From The Free Zone
Since the Dubai Commercity will serve as a free zone, it’ll have a multitude of benefits of businesses. Here are the key takeaways from Dubai Commercity:
- Strategically located – at a distance of just 5 minutes from Dubai Airport, 45 minutes from Jebel Ali Port, 15 minutes from Dubai Downtown, and 5 minutes from Local Roads Network and National Highways.
- Features state-of-the-art infrastructure to accommodate startups as well as SMEs. Offices divided into co-working spaces as well as premium offices.
- Leave no carbon footprint behind with solar energy powered logistic clusters. The themes of mobility and sustainability are the focal point.
- Zero Corporate Tax
- Zero Income Tax
- Swift and efficient business set up solutions
- No currency barriers
- Complete foreign business ownership
- 100% repatriation of capitals and gains
The Future Is E Commerce
Dubai Commercity is a one of a kind business ecosystem that has plenty to offer. The e commerce industry is set to grow exponentially as a consequence of virus. The country looks poised to adopt digitization and thereby open up opportunities for entrepreneurs to provide smart solutions to the masses.
For any guidance on an an e commerce business set up in UAE, Emirates Express is the no.1 agency to consult. Click here, and one of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly.