gulab jamun recipe | gulab jamun with instant khoya | gulab jamun with milk powder – with detailed photo and video recipe. a classic ball-shaped indian dessert recipe made with khoya or milk powder. the khoya balls are deep fried in hot oil or ghee which is later dipped and rested in sugar syrup until it absorbs and turns moist. it is special sweet recipe made for occasions and festival celebrations.
gulab jamun recipe | gulab jamun with instant khoya | gulab jamun with milk powder – with step by step photo and video recipe. milk solids or khoya is a source of many indian sweets recipes, made for special occasions. one such immensely popular indian dessert recipe is gulaab jamun recipe made with milk solids or milk powder. it can be easily made with instant mix, but this recipe can easily challenge it.
there are many ways and recipes for the traditional gulab jamun recipe. it can be made with the combo of milk powder and plain flour, or with ready mix instant gulaab jamun mix. but the traditional recipe is made with khoya or mawa which is basically a milk solids or prepared by evaporating the milk. however this recipe is made with instant khoya and hence cut downs the hassle of evaporating and preparing khoya or mawa. as matter of fact i have adopted the same approach as my previous post of kala jamun and hence i was confident with this recipe. the only difference between these is 2 recipes is the colour and the nut-based stuffing which is quite essential in kala jamun recipe.
furthermore, some important and critical tips and suggestions for a perfect gulab jamun recipe. firstly, and the most important tip while making gulab jamun recipe is an extra precaution while deep frying. it has to be deep fried in a very low flame otherwise, it will stick to bottom or may also have crack. secondly,
finally do visit my other popular indian sweet recipes collection with this post of gulab jamun recipe. it includes recipe like, rasgulla, rasmalai, balushahi, milk cake, raj bhog, milk powder rasmalai, sandesh, basundi, kala jamun and rabri recipe. in addition, do visit my other related recipes collection like,
- dessert recipes collection
- eggless cake recipes collection
- beverages recipes collection
gulab jamun video recipe:
recipe card for gulab jamun with instant khoya:
gulab jamun recipe | gulab jamun with khoya | milk powder gulab jamun
for instant khova/mava (200 grams):
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup milk powder
for jamun dough:
- ½ cup (78 grams) maida / plain flour
- pinch baking soda
- 3 tbsp milk (warm)
- oil / ghee for deep frying
for sugar syrup:
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1½ cup water
- 3 pods cardamom / elachi
- ¼ tsp saffron
- 1 tsp rose water
- ½ tsp lemon juice
firstly, take a small ball sized dough and make ball.
make sure there are no cracks on balls. else there are chances for jamun to break while frying.
heat the has on medium flame and when the oil / ghee is moderately hot drop the balls.
fry the balls on low flame stirring in continuously.
fry until the balls the golden brown for 12-15 minutes.
drop the hot gulab jamuns into the warm sugar syrup.
cover the lid and rest for 2 hours.
finally, the gulab jamun has doubled in size. serve warm with ice cream or cold.
how to make gulab jamun recipe with step by step photo:
khoya / kova / mawa recipe:
- firstly, in a large non-stick vessel take 1 tbsp ghee and add ¾ cup milk.
- stir well making sure ghee and milk are combined well.
- now add 1 cup full cream milk powder.
- keeping the flame on low, stir continuously.
- the mixture starts to thicken.
- after 8 minutes, the mixture starts to separate from pan.
- keep mixing until it forms a lump.
- finally, instant khoya is ready. allow it to cool completely.
jamun dough preparing:
- once the khova is cooled completely, take the instant khova and crumble well. you can use store brought khova (200 grams) as well.
- add ½ cup maida, pinch of baking soda and combine with khoya.
- add 3 tbsp of warm milk.
- mix gently and make a soft dough without kneading hard.
- firm a soft dough adding milk if required. keep aside and rest for 10 minutes.
sugar syrup recipe:
- firstly, in a vessel take 1½ cup of sugar.
- also add 3 pods cardamom, ¼ tsp saffron.
- stir and dissolve sugar in 1½ cup water.
- boil the sugar syrup for 3-4 minutes or until the syrup turns sticky consistency.
- now add 1 tsp rose water. also add ½ tsp lemon juice to prevent sugar syrup from crystallising.
- sugar syrup is ready, cover and keep aside.
preparing gulab jamun recipe:
- firstly, take a small ball sized dough (approx 26 grams each) and make a ball.
- make sure there are no cracks on balls. else there are chances for jamun to break while frying.
- heat the oil / ghee on medium flame and when the oil / ghee is moderately hot, fry the jamuns.
- fry the balls on low flame stirring in between.
- fry until the balls turn golden brown for 12-15 minutes.
- allow the balls to cool for 2 minutes, and drop the hot gulab jamuns into the warm sugar syrup. else jamuns won’t absorb syrup, results to hard jamuns.
- cover the lid and rest for 2 hours.
- finally, the gulab jamun has doubled in size. serve warm with ice cream or cold.
- firstly, prepare homemade khova or use store brought khoya.
- also, you can stuff dry fruits inside jamun to make it more delicious.
- additionally, maida is a binding agent so if the jamuns break while frying, add a tsp more maida and combine well.
- furthermore, make sure to form a soft dough by adding milk little by little.
- finally, grease your hands with ghee to make crack free gulab jamun recipe.