Top 10 Cetaphil Skin Care Products – Recommended by Dr. Dray
Cetaphil is one of the most popular skin care brands in the world today, especially in the US. Nestle worked closely with medical experts to formulate the Cetaphil range of products, that are gentle, and suit people with different skin needs.
Cetaphil products boast of using very few ingredients, which is what you should look for when looking to buy skin care products. I have learned the hard way, that like many other things, when it comes to skin, little goes a long way. The more the merrier approach does not always work, and watching Dr. Dray videos reinforces that belief.
Every time I have been over enthusiastic about skin care, I end up using a ton of different products with a ton of different ingredients in them and all they did was ruin my skin, just before that party I wanted to look good for.
Note: The product links in this post are for your benefit and mine. If you use them to make a purchase, I will get a small commission from Amazon, as part of their affiliate program. Thank you!
(Looking for some Fall-Winter Fashion Inspo?) – Click Here
Is Cetaphil Good?
The main reason why people love Cetaphil and the reason why the brand has managed to make such a name for itself is:
- Gentle, mild skin care
- Most of the Cetaphil products are fragrance free, fragrance in products can cause more harm than good. A lot of people are allergic to fragrance without even knowing it.
I recently got into skin care and my favorite youtuber for all things skin is Dr. Dray, her channel has really helped me, and I wish I had started watching Dr. Dray videos sooner. I started wearing sunscreen and moisturizer only after watching her videos, and boy! I would have never known how imperative these two products are for your skin. I am pretty skeptical when it comes to a lot of things you see online but when Dr. Dray, who is a Dermatologist recommends a product, I know it is good!
Dr. Dray has never steered me the wrong way, when it comes to skin care. If you have not, I would recommend you watch her videos on youtube. She did a video about her top 10 Cetaphil skin care products, and I wanted to share, because I know it is going to help a lot of people searching for some good quality skin care. Here is the link to Dr. Dray’s video if you would rather see this in a video format. Not going to make it too technical with all the scientific derma terms, but here is all the necessary information you might want, in simple, layman’s terms.
Top 10 Cetaphil Skin Care Products
1. Cetaphil Dermacontrol Purifying Clay Mask: This product is useful if you have oily skin.
- Removes grease and excess oil from pores
- Helps rejuvenate your oily skin by waking it up
- Helps you avoid excessive cleansing that will rip the moisture off your face
- Improves appearance of blackheads and pores
- It is a moisturizing product so it will not dry out your skin completely
- Helps improve application of makeup
- Use it a few times a week, rinse it after 10 minutes for the benefits
2. Cetaphil Daily Hydrating Lotion: This simple, no gimmick, no hassle moisturizer can be used if you have oily, dry or combination skin.
- Hyaluronic acid helps hydrate the skin
- Lightweight formula
- Gel like consistency
- Improves the look of wrinkles and fine lines
- Absorbs into the skin super-fast
- Non greasy, serum like formula
- Use it after cleansing your face
3. Cetaphil Pro Oil Absorbing Moisturizer with SPF 30: Useful for people who are dealing with acne and using topical products to help get rid of acne.
- Chemical sunscreen that will not leave a cast
- Moisturizer helps keep the skin nice and dewy
- Sunscreen helps protect the skin from the sun, Duh!
- Light weight formula
- Improves the look of shininess
- Use of moisturizer should not be reduced if you have acne, this product helps in that and in doing so helps with acne as well
4. Cetaphil Redness Relieving Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 20: This tinted moisturizer can be used for people with dry skin, oily skin, Rosacea, acne prone, sensitive skin.
- The tint helps people with post acne hyper pigmentation
- Calms down redness
- The caffein in it is an antioxidant
- Can be used by people with pale to medium skin tones because of the tint
- Will leave a cast on deeper skin tones
5. Cetaphil Redness Relieving Night Moisturizer: Same as no. 4, but without the SPF so it is to be used at night.
- Helps with redness and irritation
- The niacinamide helps repair skin
- Helps with hyper pigmentation and rosacea
- Helps people with eczema
- This product does not sting, many moisturizers cause stinging sensation to people with eczema
- Can be used on the face as well as the body
- Can be used on children with eczema as well
- Restores skin
- Helps hydrate skin without causing excessive oiliness
- Very Light weight formula
8. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: Such a simple name for a simple yet amazingly effective product for very dry skin.
- It is very moisturizing, quite heavy
- Ideal for the body, might be too much for the face
- Helps Restore skin
9. Cetaphil Ultra Gentle Body Wash: Dr. Dray recommends minimizing the use of body washes, however cleansing your body is a must. For that purpose, this gentle body wash by Cetaphil is ideal.
- It cleanses the body without stripping it off the essential oils
- Gentle for people with eczema and sensitive skin
- It is gentle, fragrance free and works as a simple body cleanser
10. Cetaphil Soothing Gel Cream with Aloe: This is a new release by Cetaphil. Aloe vera is soothing for most skin, however some people might be allergic to it, so look into that before applying products with aloe vera.
- Helps with sun burns
- Brightens the skin
- Helps restore the skin
- Absorbs into the skin fast
- Has a cooling effect on the skin that soothes itchy skin
- Gentle enough to be used on the face as well as the body
- Very few ingredients
Cetaphil is ideal for people who just need results and are looking for simple products for specific skin issues. There is something for everybody. I have started looking for dermatologists for advice related to skin, and it is useful to listen to an expert, who knows more than a thing or two about skin and skin requirements.
Like I mentioned before, keeping things minimalistic helps improve quality of life, as well as quality of skin. Makeup is great, I love makeup, but nothing will look good if the base is not healthy. That is where skin care comes in. You want makeup, but you NEED skin care, especially the two basic products – Sunscreen and Moisturizer.
Cetaphil is respected and loved throughout the world, so I am sure there is something for you in this list of top 10 Cetaphil products.